Curl, Php and NGinx
Robert Lefebure
2018-03-27 01:28:43 UTC
I've built a new, Nginx development server (first one) and have curl
working in one of the virtual servers (the default one).

There are two other virtual servers besides the default 1) example.com and
2) grouper.com

Everything is local.

This simple curl script works from localhost will work
<?php

echo '$_SERVER[DOCUMENT_ROOT] = ', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];
$file="localhost/oldindex.php";
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $file);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
$data = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);
echo($data);
//include ($file);

?>

but this one attempting to access the duplicate file on the other virtual
host won't

$file="https://grouperads.com/grouper_links/oldindex.php";

?>
Robert Lefebure
2018-03-27 01:35:54 UTC
That got sent before it got finished ... sorry about that!

I can access the https://grouperads.com/grouper_links/oldindex.php in a
browser (locally) .

So is it something I have to configure Nginx to route local curl requests
locally too? Or is there something I can do to Curl to make it find the
local file through that address? I think curl is going out to the web
trying to find that, right? Do I need to set curl to intercept it or Nginx
to?
Thanks

?>
Bill Mercer
2018-03-27 16:16:28 UTC
This list is for the curl command line tool, you probably want to post this on the libcurl or curl/php list

https://curl.haxx.se/mail/

There are two other virtual servers besides the default 1) example.com<http://example.com> and 2) grouper.com<http://grouper.com>

?>
Robert Lefebure
2018-03-27 17:29:31 UTC
Sorry, and thanks!
Post by Bill Mercer
This list is for the curl command line tool, you probably want to post
this on the libcurl or curl/php list
https://curl.haxx.se/mail/
*Robert Lefebure